- Monthly Lecture: Holiday Decorating for Your Home
- Tues., Nov. 10, 2015, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Portsmouth Public Library – Churchland Branch, 4934 High Street, Portsmouth, VA
- We will show you how to use fresh greens, berries and nuts to create and decorate wreaths and holiday decorations for your home. Download the flyer.
- Space is limited – contact Cyndi at email@example.com or 393-5197 to reserve your seat.
- 2016 Master Gardener Class
- January 5-April 4, 2016, Mondays and Wednesdays, 6-9 p.m.
- Location alternates between the Virginia Cooperative Extension Office (105 Utah Street, Portsmouth, VA23701) and the Chesapeake Cooperative Extension Office (310 Shea Dr, Chesapeake, VA 23322)
- Master Gardener Trainees complete 50 hours of classroom instruction in subjects such as basic botany; soils & fertilizers; plant propagation; diagnosing plant damage; pesticide use & safety; trees & shrubs; lawn & turf management; pruning; landscape design; water quality; and organic practices. Then we volunteer our time providing horticultural education and training to community groups.
- View details and apply.
Our mission is to educate Portsmouth residents about safe, effective and sustainable garden management practices. We are volunteers who have received extensive training under the auspices of Virginia Tech, Virginia State, and the Virginia Cooperative Extension Office to provide unbiased, research-based horticultural information, tips, techniques and advice to the community.
What is a Master Gardener?
Virginia Cooperative Extension Master Gardeners are a unique group of volunteers who work under the guidance of VCE to provide unbiased, research-based, environmentally sound horticulture information.