Upcoming Events Annual Portsmouth Master Gardeners
Annual Fall Festival & Yard Sale
- Date and Time: Saturday, October 14, 2017, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Location: Virginia Cooperative Extension, 105 Utah Street, Portsmouth VA 23707
- Pansies and Chrysanthemums for sale
- Bring your ailing plants and plant questions to the Plant Doctors
- Soil testing information available
- Gardening activities for the kids
- Receive information on how to become a Master Gardener
Monthly Lecture at the Churchland Library
October 2017: Are scary plants lurking in your landscape?
This lecture will take a look at weird and unusual botanical and plants that can be harmful or quite deadly in the garden. Come join us for a discussion of plant history and lore that may alarm you, but definitely will educate you.
- Tuesday, October 10 2017, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Portsmouth Public Library – Churchland Branch, 4934 High Street, Portsmouth, VA
- Space is limited – contact Cyndi at email@example.com or 393-5197 to reserve your seat.
- Creepy, Scary Plants! OOOHH!
- 2017-10-10-PMG Library Talk-Creepy Scary Plants
About Portsmouth Master Gardener Volunteers
Our mission is to educate Portsmouth residents about safe, effective and sustainable garden management practices. We are volunteers who have received extensive training under the auspices of Virginia Tech, Virginia State, and the Virginia Cooperative Extension Office to provide unbiased, research-based horticultural information, tips, techniques and advice to the community.
What is a Master Gardener?
Virginia Cooperative Extension Master Gardeners are a unique group of volunteers who work under the guidance of VCE to provide unbiased, research-based, environmentally sound horticulture information. We volunteer in a variety of ways to educate and assist citizens with fruit, vegetable and landscape gardening, water quality and tree health.