- 15th Annual Portsmouth Master Gardeners Open Garden & Plant Sale
- Date and Time: Saturday, May 6, 2017, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Location: Virginia Cooperative Extension, 105 Utah Street, Portsmouth VA 23707
- Annuals, perennials, shrubs, vegetables, and herbs, including rare and unusual plants, for sale
- Bring your ailing plants and plant questions to the Plant Doctors
- Soil testing information available
- Gardening activities for the kids
- Get garden tools sharpened for a small fee
- Receive information on how to become a Master Gardener
- Share the flyer – 2017 PMG Spring Open Garden Fest! (PDF)
- Monthly Lecture at the Library: Raising flowers, vegetables and herbs in small spaces can be a challenge. Our master gardeners will discuss and display techniques for planting and maintaining containers and small garden spaces. Great tips for renters, down-sizers, and anyone else who would like to weed while sitting on the porch or patio!
About Portsmouth Master Gardener Volunteers
Our mission is to educate Portsmouth residents about safe, effective and sustainable garden management practices. We are volunteers who have received extensive training under the auspices of Virginia Tech, Virginia State, and the Virginia Cooperative Extension Office to provide unbiased, research-based horticultural information, tips, techniques and advice to the community.
What is a Master Gardener?
Virginia Cooperative Extension Master Gardeners are a unique group of volunteers who work under the guidance of VCE to provide unbiased, research-based, environmentally sound horticulture information. We volunteer in a variety of ways to educate and assist citizens with fruit, vegetable and landscape gardening, water quality and tree health.