- Fall Festival & 15th Anniversary Celebration of the VCE-Portsmouth – due to dangerous expected weather conditions, the Festival has been postponed – New Date: Saturday, Oct. 3, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. – This fun day will be packed with activities!
- Plant and yard sale
- 4-H youth activities – some activities require advance registration.
- From Family and Consumer Sciences, healthy recipes for fall, health and wellness tips and healthy snacks
- Honeybee and backyard chicken demonstrations
- Ask the Plant Doctor
- Information about our next Master Gardener Class
- Get more details here: 15th Anniversary/Fall Festival Brochure (PDF)
- 2016 Master Gardener Class – class will be offered from January 5-April 4, 2016. View details and apply.
Our mission is to educate Portsmouth residents about safe, effective and sustainable garden management practices. We are volunteers who have received extensive training under the auspices of Virginia Tech, Virginia State, and the Virginia Cooperative Extension Office to provide unbiased, research-based horticultural information, tips, techniques and advice to the community.
What is a Master Gardener?
Virginia Cooperative Extension Master Gardeners are a unique group of volunteers who work under the guidance of VCE to provide unbiased, research-based, environmentally sound horticulture information.